Are you going mad doing the same job day after day?
Do you crave more fulfilling employment? Do you want a more flexible schedule? Do you enjoy science and want to inspire future generations to do great things?
Mad Science is currently looking for instructors for Birthday Parties, After-School Programs, Preschool Programs, In-Class Workshops, Camps, and Special Events. If you are interested in building and flying rockets, creating slime and exploring the states of matter, then please fill in our application and we will call you on our next coffee break!
Mad Science is an educational entertainment company focused on providing science enrichment for elementary-aged children. We are a local franchise of a worldwide company. For 30 years (Whoa! That's older than most of our STAFF!) Our mission at Mad Science has been to spark imaginative learning, foster self-confidence and creativity, and set our students on course for a life-long love of science!
- Must be 18 years or older and qualified to work in the US.
- Looking for PART-TIME work.
- Outgoing, energetic, and creative!
- Able to think on your feet and improvise.
- Like working with kids.
- Punctual and reliable
- Must be available 2-3 afternoons every week in the 1-5 pm "after-school" window
- Must be able to provide a copy of your driver's license and proof of insurance
- Must have a reliable vehicle to transport yourself and our equipment.
- Must be able to drive up to 20 miles to programs (sometimes more)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must pass a background check and provide current documentation of negative TB test (once hired).
- Must have a cell phone and home computer with internet to access assignments.
- Experience with elementary school classroom management is preferred, but not necessarily required
- Background/interest in science a plus!
Benefits of Working for Mad Science:
- A very flexible work schedule. (Great for students or to supplement another job)
- We provide training for classroom management and our science curriculum.
- We have a mileage reimbursement policy!
- Pay increases based on performance and longevity with Mad Science!
- Get your own fabulous mad scientist lab coat!
If you are qualified and answered "yes" to the above questions, this could be the perfect part-time job for you. People who will succeed as instructors enjoy the challenge of working with kids and are able to communicate effectively with different groups of people. The ability to organize your schedule and prioritize responsibilities are also helpful for this line of work.
“I love working for Mad Science because kids think that I’m a rock star! Kids can’t wait to get to class and learn about science… who would have thought! I like that the job I do makes a difference in their lives.”
“I love working for Mad Science because my official title is “Mad Scientist”! How cool is that! In addition, every week is different! Since you are teaching kids a new class each week, and there are many classes on rotation, it never gets boring. ”
“I love working for Mad Science because I like working with children and seeing their imaginations spark with each experiment! I love it when I do an experiment and they all go "WHOAAAAA!" at the same time. That's exciting."